Its been a mad few weeks recently, sewing up smaller projects ready to give a talk to a group of quilters next week. I had so many ‘unfinished’ projects which just needed a bit of time to complete. This always takes longer than I anticipate but gives a great sense of achievment at the end when I see lovly things finished.
I have also been working on my ‘Predominantly purple’ challenge. I set the challenge to make something out of mostly pruple fabric. My quilt is based on purple and one gorgeous Kaffe Fassett fabric to accent the purple. I used a simple log cabin block in order to create the pattern, and went for a ‘scrappy look’.
I have also been working really hard to get some of my big quilt together and organised ready for Festival of Quilts…. its very slow!
I have now decided on a layout and have had to make some adjustments and alterations to my design in order for it to flow together…
Here is the first section…..